Monday 12 July 2010

España Siempre


Inolvidable. Muchos gracias.

A lot of people said they didn't bother with the World Cup once England were knocked out. I thoroughly recommend that in 2014 you join me in not giving a shit about England. I've been utterly enthralled with this tournament, fascinated with the clockwork magic of Spain and finally completely behind them at the end. I will never forget this team and look forward to investigating Spanish football further - I mean, Christ, do they all play like that?

I have never, ever had footballers stir me in any way. Now I know what that feels like. I look forward to following the careers of the stars of this World Cup, particularly Germany's Oezil, Argentina's Messi, and Spain's David Villa, Xavi and Puyol.

I'll never forget the 2010 South Africa World Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment